Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Stupid Screen International...

I got a little excited when the BBC put up their usual story about this past weekend at the UK/Ireland box office... mainly because they were reporting that Step Brothers, that dreadful-looking Will Ferrell-John C. Reilly (what happened to you, Mr. Cellophane?) "comedy" had come in at the superb flop positioning of number 7. 'Really?', I thought. 'Have people finally had enough? Is the epidemic coming to an end?' Sure, Mamma Mia!, which is hardly quality itself, had apparently returned to the number 1 spot, but I'd rather people see a celebration of ABBA (who, in case you didn't know, are completely and utterly brilliant) and embrace the tradition of the musical rather than encourage subpar frat brother juvenile humour (I expect- you don't really expect me to subject myself to that, do you?). And even better is the fact that The Strangers- which, well, yes, could be rubbish, but I am actually going to discover that for myself- was second and had made almost as much as Mamma Mia! despite being in about half the number of cinemas.

But then I see that they've updated their article and Step Brothers was the winner after all. So that was the end of that.

No comments: