Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Americans? Why? Nazis are bad; we're good.


Barbara Novak: Another ruse, Catcher? You know I have no interest in seeing you.
Catcher Block: But you know you have to, and you know I know you have to. I'm sure you know how things are at KNOW ever since your new NOW.
Barbara Novak: I have no way of knowing how things are now at KNOW. I knew how things were at KNOW before NOW.
Catcher Block: Then you should know now at KNOW things are a lot like they are at NOW, we have to interview every applicant for every job, and so do you or you'd be going against NOW's definition of discrimination and you wouldn't want the readers of NOW or KNOW to know that, now would you?

There are so many moments in Down with Love to... well, love. It was on the television last night and I didn't really intend on watching it (my sidebar shows you just how many other things I have waiting), but it pulled me in anyway. It's not even a guilty pleasure... it's a pleasure I want to shout out to the world and tell them what they're missing. It's so deliciously knowing, and so so funny. I haven't seen any of the Doris-Rock comedies it's so obviously based on, but I imagine that they can't be as much fun because they surely wouldn't have been allowed to be so hilariously blatant about the sexual connotations...

And isn't Renee Zellweger's unbroken expositionary monologue just the best?

No comments: