Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Many Talents of Toni


Toni Collette does more than just act. This is a revelation I have only recently come across. Stale Popcorn recently posted about this, but I've just become so obsessed that I had to echo him. I was shocked to find that her album with her band The Finish is actually available on British iTunes... so buy it if you can! My favourite is the song in the video above- their latest single 'Look Up'- but the entire album is truly fantastic. And now I just love Toni about ten times more, which I thought was wholly impossible. I'd love to show you the scene from The Sixth Sense when Cole tells his mom (Toni) what he can see... but, dangit, there isn't one online. So a screencap shall have to do. It's one of my absolute favourite tear-jerking moments ever.


- She wanted me to tell you...
- Cole, please stop...
- She wanted me to tell you she saw you dance. She said, when you were little, you and her had a fight, right before your dance recital. You thought she didn't come see you dance. She did. She hid in the back so you wouldn't see. She said you were like an angel. She said you came to the place where they buried her. Asked her a question? She said the answer is..."Every day." What did you ask?
- Do... Do I make her proud?

And now, given that it's a quarter past two in the morning and I have to get up at seven, I'm finally going to go to bed.

No comments: